§ 108A-27.8. Standard Program Counties - Duties of Department.
(a) The Department shall establish, develop, supervise, and monitor the Standard Work First Program. In addition to its general duties prescribed in G.S. 108A-27.2, the Department shall have the following duties with respect to the Standard Work First Program and the Standard Program Counties:
(1) Repealed by Session Laws 2009-489, s. 9, effective August 26, 2009.
(2) Advise and assist the Social Services Commission in adopting rules necessary to implement the provisions of this Article;
(3) Supervise disbursement of county block grants to the Standard Program Counties for Work First Services;
(4) Make payments of Work First Family Assistance and Work First Diversion Assistance; and
(5), (6) Repealed by Session Laws 2009-489, s. 9, effective August 26, 2009.
(7) Develop a Mutual Responsibility Agreement for use by Standard Program Counties.
(b) The Secretary, in consultation with the Office of State Budget and Management, may adopt temporary rules when necessary to:
(1) Implement provisions of the State Plan;
(2) Maximize federal revenues to prevent the loss of federal funds;
(3) Enhance the ability of the Department to prevent fraud and abuse in the Work First Program; and
(4) Modify the provisions in the State Plan as necessary to meet changed circumstances after approval of the State Plan.
(c) The Social Services Commission may adopt rules in accordance with G.S. 143B-153 when necessary to implement this Article and subject to delegation by the Secretary of any rule-making authority to implement the provisions of the State Plan. (1997-443, s. 12.6; 2000-140, s. 93.1(a); 2001-424, s. 12.2(b); 2009-489, s. 9.)