§ 108A-113. Definitions.
As used in this Article, the following definitions apply:
(1) Customer. - A person who is a present or former holder of an account with a financial institution.
(2) Disabled adult. - An individual 18 years of age or older or a lawfully emancipated minor who is present in the State of North Carolina and who is physically or mentally incapacitated as defined in G.S. 108A-101(d).
(3) Financial exploitation. - The illegal or improper use of a disabled adult's or older adult's financial resources for another's profit or pecuniary advantage.
(4) Financial institution. - A banking corporation, trust company, savings and loan association, credit union, or other entity principally engaged in lending money or receiving or soliciting money on deposit.
(5) Financial record. - An original of, a copy of, or information derived from a record held by a financial institution pertaining to a customer's relationship with the financial institution and identified with or identifiable with the customer.
(6) Investigating entity. - A law enforcement agency investigating alleged financial exploitation of a disabled adult or an older adult, or a county department of social services investigating alleged financial exploitation of a disabled adult.
(7) Law enforcement agency. - Any duly accredited State or local government agency possessing authority to enforce the criminal statutes of North Carolina.
(8) Older adult. - An individual 65 years of age or older.
(9) Promptly. - As soon as practicable, with reasonable allowance to be made for the time required to retrieve older data or records that are not readily or immediately retrievable due to their current storage media. (2013-337, s. 4.)