§ 105-164.42B. Definitions.
The following definitions apply in this Part:
(1) Agreement. - Streamlined Agreement, as defined in G.S. 105-164.3.
(2) Certified automated system. - Software certified jointly by the states that are signatories to the Agreement to calculate the tax imposed by each jurisdiction on a transaction, determine the amount of tax to remit to the appropriate state, and maintain a record of the transaction.
(3) Certified service provider. - An agent certified jointly by the states that are signatories to the Agreement to perform all of the seller's sales tax functions.
(4) Member state. - A state that has entered into the Agreement.
(5) Person. - Defined in G.S. 105-228.90.
(6) Sales tax. - The tax levied in G.S. 105-164.4.
(7) Seller. - A person making sales, leases, or rentals of personal property or services.
(8) State. - The term "this State" means the State of North Carolina. Otherwise, the term "state" means any state of the United States and the District of Columbia.
(9) Use tax. - The tax levied in G.S. 105-164.6. (2001-347, s. 1.3; 2005-276, ss. 33.16, 33.31.)