1-532. Action to recover property forfeited to State.

When any property, real or personal, is forfeited to the State, or to any officer for its use, an action for the recovery of such property, alleging the grounds of the forfeiture, may be brought by the proper officer in any superior court. (C.C.P., s. 381; Code, s. 621; Rev., s. 845; C.S., s. 887.)